Friday, July 24, 2009

Business Sustainability

I came across an article today on Chloregy on"5 Ways to Create a Socially Responsible and Profitable Company." I think every business owner should read it.

When I started my own company, I decided I would spend a percentage of revenue on certain social/environmental programs in the Wichita Falls community (currently 2%.) No matter how small your company, you can do good things for the community. You don't have to choose cash; you can choose other ways to give back. For example, in a recent business newsletter, I talked about developing employee leadership skills and recommended encouraging employees to get involved in non-profit boards and volunteer activities.

The trick is deciding what your company's focus should be and the best way your company can help the community while helping the company achieve its business objectives. There is no reason the two cannot go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment