Sunday, July 5, 2009

Kitchen Herbs

I usually have a couple of pots of herbs in the kitchen window, but when my last basil was gone, I got sidetracked and didn't replant. I have been wanting fresh herbs for weeks to cook with and haven't had any. Fresh herbs at the supermarket are pricey and who knows what they have been sprayed with!

I finally went to Wichita Valley for some seeds. They didn't have much in the way of seeds at this time of the year, although I did pick up packets of thyme and parsley. I bought basil and oregano plants.

I feel guilty that I didn't plant more basil months ago, but there you go. Things happen. I am looking forward to some bruschetta and some insalata caprese this coming week to use some of the basil I bought. I'll be watching for some seeds to plant in the fall.

I also planted my thyme and parsley and will be watching for the sprouts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment