Usually I try to post individual announcements about various events, but there are so many things happening in the near future, I am going to post several items.
- Home and Garden Show at the MPEC this weekend. A schedule of speakers and demonstrations is posted to the Kemp Center's website. There are several presentations about nature-related topics. They will have 2 tracks going most of the day, so it will be hard to fit everything in. Birds, amphibians, rainwater harvesting, gardening--it's all there, so come by. In addition, Wild Bird Rescue, the Texas Master Naturalists, and River Bend Nature Center will all have booths. Stop in to see them. Tickets are only $4 in advance; $6 at the door. I still have a few tickets left if you need one or two. Email me at email@example.com.
- River Bend is still running Science Saturdays. Currently free to everyone, these programs are a great way to introduce children to the fascination of science.
- River Bend is registering now for Spring Break camps. I included the flyer in this post.
- Duckie and Grackle event to support Wild Bird Rescue. Thursday at the Kemp Center from 6 - 8 PM. Free, although there will be opportunity to donate to suppport Wild Bird Rescue's efforts. I posted details on this event in A Charm of Finches blog last week.
- Wild Bird Rescue celebrity roast of David Farabee, March 26, 6:30 PM at the MPEC. Tickets are $25 and include dinner, silent and live auction and of course, a roast of David Farabee. It promises to be a great evening. For tickets, call Wild Bird Rescue at 940-867-9761.
- Texas Master Naturalist Spring Training Class starts in March. If you are interested in the outdoors, this is the place for you. More information about the local chapter is available at their website. They have posted the training schedule and application. The local chapter is very active and involved in many projects in the area.
Hope to see you at one or more of these upcoming events.