Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tired of Styrofoam Take Out Boxes?

As I mentioned in the last post, the local Sierra Club group usually meets at a local restaurant. One thing that is a source of conflict for me when eating out is the styrofoam to-go boxes. I hate to ask for one as the container is petroleum based and can't be recycled, but at the same time, I don't want to throw away perfectly good food. Unfortunately, that usually means I end up eating more than I really want.

Tonight one of the members brought their "To-Go Ware" from Gaiam. The product is also available from Amazon. Great idea! I have seen these before, but had forgotten. I need to order one or if anyone is aware of a local store that carries them or a similar product, all the better--post a comment here. It is much better to spend our money locally when possible.

This is just another small thing we can do to reduce waste and live more sustainably.

No comments:

Post a Comment