Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Year, New Blog

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

I have not done well maintaining this blog. I have defaulted to the Facebook page, as it is easier to repost than to actually write something, and at present at least, it has more people who read it.

However, this year I've decided to get back on the blog as there are often things that need to be said that a Facebook post really doesn't do justice to. Also, believe it or not, there are a lot of people who are not on Facebook, so using that format excludes people interested in the topic. Therefore, I am going to make an effort to post here, at least for items worthy of more discussion and then share these posts to the Facebook page. We'll see how it goes.

I have a list of items I want to discuss--if you have an issue or idea for Wichita Falls, send it to me at green.wichitafalls@gmail.com and it might just show up. Or if you would like to write a guest post, get with me. I am open to it, but I do want well-written items with civil discourse. Not to say you can't have a strong opinion on something, but I don't see the value of being uncivil.

Right now, I am enjoying a quiet day, since most of the area is closed down due to weather. There are not enough days like this.

Did you make any New Year's resolutions relating to a more sustainable lifestyle this year? I have a couple of them. First is to revitalize and maintain this blog. The other concerns my garden and yard. I have been adding perennials and edible plants to my yard every year and have done some gardening, but I am going up the effort in these areas this year. I do well at making food from scratch instead of using processed foods, but this year, I am going to increase my efforts to further reduce the amount of waste I am generating--whether food or packaging. That should keep me busy enough, with the other things I have going on. And if we all did one thing, even a small thing, it could make a difference.

Feedback and comments welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment